FlexHub Forum

Safe addressess

Safe addressess
« on: May 10, 2012, 22:42:27 »
Hi all,

I am a first time user with Flex so probably have some questions that might be silly but I couldn't find the answers to them..Hope someone can help me with the solution  :)

When someone is in my hub then I think they should be able to say the hubadress of that hub in pm and in main without any punnishment
!addpattern MC "%S+%.%S+:%d+" -p5 -a32 wil give a kick when user with profile 5 or lower gives a hubaddy in main, but it would be nice if users could give the addy of the hub they are in without being kicked or anything.....for example:  user a is in the hub  bla.bla.bla.no-ip.org:123 then it would be nice if he could say that name in mainchat and in pm without punnishment :)

Next question I have:

!adpattern PM "%S+%.%S+:%d+" -p5 -a32 will give a kick to all users with profile 5 and lower that give a hubaddy in PM to someone else.

But it will also give a kick to that same user when it gives a hubaddy to someone with a profile higher then 5 ( moderator, admin etc etc )
Is it possible that the punishment will be there to the same and lower profile but not to a profile higher then that?

Hope you all understand and have solutions  :D

Thnxs in advance

Mr.Egg
Thnxs in advance :D :D

With regards,

Mr.Egg

Offline LadyStardust

• aka Puma
Re: Safe addressess
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:11:07 »
Hello Mr.Egg,

there is no silly questions on this forum  :) But I don't think there is a solution for you at this very moment.

There was a proposition like this before (to allow spam for hub address you are currently in). Since we assume that everyone in a hub know the hub address (they did login to the hub, so its natural) - right now for spamming your own hub address we suggest to tell users to type !hubinfo in main chat, because in its content you can find hub address (if it has been set up in settings). You can also make a command with !addcmd that will contain your hub address.

As for the second question. Hub is checking what users are sending "out". Not checking who is receiving the message. So at the moment, hub is not able to check what profile received it and to verify who can receive and who can't.

Solutions for both issues may be possible when API is ready.

Enjoy FlexHub!
Best regards,
LS

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:54:10 »
Tnxs LS  for your fast respons....altho not the answers I was hoping for but will figure a way around it. The spamming of own hub adress was an exaple ofc but could also be handy to add some safe list options (patterns) for friendly hubs :)

For now it will go with the notification in opchat (-a256) but also found something like this

[-r<number> "<text>"] - What to replace <number> followed by the replacing "<text>":
       1        Replace match
       2        Replace entire message

Would it be possible to use that in combination with -a0 ? If so could you put an example pattern since I tried it out but think i got one that didnt do the job  :D

!addpattern pm "bla.bla.bla.no-ip.org:411" -p9 -a0 -r1 "bla.bla.bla.no-ip.org:411" doesn't seem to do its job in combination with another pattern
 !addpattern pm "%S+%.%S+:%d+" -p5 -a32

If the replace by option also doesnt work then i might have to stick with notification in opchat :)

Thnxs in advance

Greetz Mr.Egg

With regards,

Mr.Egg

Offline massi

• FlexHub Ambassador and Forum Stalker
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 14:30:23 »
Welcome to Flexhub Community Mr.Egg  ;)

I hope i have misunderstood your question and i try to answer.

This option:
256   Notify Opchat
512   Lock Mainchat (use with caution)
can't be combined with values or option 0
NB. Allow (can only be used in combination with replace)

but you can used it with replace
[-r<number> “<text>"]   What to replace <number> followed by the replacing “<text>”:
1   Replace match
2   Replace entire message

NB. take a look on manual at voice Pattern  ;)

Best regards,
Massimiliano
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 14:39:33 by massi »

Offline LadyStardust

• aka Puma
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 14:40:49 »
Nice way of thinking  ;D But you can't exclude one address if "%S+%.%S+:%d+" pattern already exists.
All you can do for now is to change already existing default patterns, instead of kicking - replacing spam by your own hub address. And kick users manually, each spam attempt will display in feed.
That would be:
!modpattern PM "%S+%.%S+:%d+" -r1 "Your hub address" -every address will be replaced by the one you specify.

Also I can suggest: if you want to allow some profiles to post addresses, just change -p for patterns.
Best regards,
LS

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 12:01:58 »
Thanx Massi and LS for the responses,

The creative minds sometime have solutions but in this case I just have to stick with the opchat notification I guess :D 
I thought it would be possible since the patterns are priority ordered but too bad it can't handle this...waiting for api :D

Fro 2 weeks now I have been checking all config stuff out and think I handled it all but there are always things that have the
" damn I forgot about that " factor :D   anybody has some usefull tips to fill in those then would be much appreciated :) so not
the basic stuff, got that covered but really the " damn I forgot about that " :D     

With regards,

Mr.Egg

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 12:29:07 »
We have discueesed the option to have a "safe list" of patterns, but for now there are other things that has higher prio so don't hold your breath.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 13:15:29 »
thnxs en_dator and consider topic closed for me :)  when Api bridge arrives then no need for safelist I guess since Px scripts can take over then...

Eventually would be great if hubsoft could take over all needed stuff but priorities are there to be made :)

With regards,

Mr.Egg

Offline LadyStardust

• aka Puma
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 14:48:42 »
The " damn I forgot about that " is with me every day  ;D *peace* lol
Best regards,
LS

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 15:29:16 »
<----------- shakes hands with LS  ??? ???

With regards,

Mr.Egg