Greeting
þ††i£øû]v[™

Offline massi

• FlexHub Ambassador and Forum Stalker
Re: Gbot
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 14:42:39 »
Philoum  ;)

Take a look here --> http://www.flexhub.org/forum/index.php?topic=421.0

"Here is short introduction as to how you might set-up a bot to work together with FlexHub:
   1. create a new profile for the bot
      !addprofile Bots 6 Operator
      (create a new profile of level 6 using the existing profile Operator as a source. i.e it will be created with the same settings as the Operator profile)
      (I prefer to make the bot one level higher than the normal Ops so they cant mess with it, but thats just me , you can choose any level you want)
      The profile should be operator and have a key, this will work best with FlexHub.

2. edit the profile
      Do !showprofile Bots to see what commands it is allowed to use, then do !allow Bots command-name false to remove the right to use all the commands that the bot does not need (it usually do not need any at all).
      Then do !allow Bots command-name (or comma separated list of commands) to add the commands that you want it to be able to use

If you run the bot only from the same computer as the hub you can do !override all to make it pass all the rule checks,
      else its better to just add the overrides it actually needs, the override checkmyinfo to allow it in even if its myinfo
      and tag is 'weird' and not conforming to normal practice is almost always needed, plus some of the security overrides like
      securitypm and securitymc which makes it override the spam warnings/checks so it can send as much as it needs in main and PM.

3. add the bot user
      !ar MyBot secretpassword Bots

This should be enough to allow the bot to login successfully.
   (It might be a good idea to also use bindip on the bot account, but that is for you to decide how you want to use it).

Then there is a couple of settings that you can use to change the interaction between FlexHub and the bot.

First there is the setting !set ignore_unknown , what it does is make FlexHub ignore any unknown command and just display it in main like a normal
   message instead of replying with the standard "Unknown command: xxxx". This setting can be used independent of other settings.

Second there is a group of settings that can be used to hide the commands from everyone but the one typing the command
   the ordinary setting for cmd prefix (or trigger) is !set cmd_prefixes and its default value is !+ which means that any hub command can be triggered
   either with ! or +.
   We have added a new setting: !set cmd_prefixes_ext where you can set another command prefix (or trigger), if you for example set it to @, then
   the hub can filter those command and only send them to the bot (this way they wont be displayed in main for everyone to see).
   To do this you must also edit the profile for the bot like this : !modprofile Bots extbot true to tell FlexHub that the user in that profile is an
   external bot"

Best regards
Massimiliano

Offline LadyStardust

• aka Puma
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 22:57:13 »
Gbot was tested in FlexHub, some hubs are using it, if you having more problems (after tips from Massi) please let us know.
Best regards,
LS

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 12:36:48 »
there I am again :D  just this time another subject :D

Having some issues to with gbot....probably setting stuff or something ;)

Installed Gbot like it should, made an external bot of it, changed profile with !allow and !override etc, running on the hubserver and it connects :)
When connected I type @bot and then in pm I get the different cmd's provided to me in pm....all fine

But when I type @next Simpsons for example it gives " [12:25:21] <•[Info]•> Couldn't find any episodes! "

Probably database issues since I dont have any database :)

anyone ;)

Thnxs in advance :D :D

With regards,

Mr.Egg

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 13:12:56 »
think will post it again since some charactres didnt get posted :)

Last sentence was :
But when I type @next Simpsons for example it gives " Couldn't find any episodes! "

ayone?

With regards,

Mr.Egg

Offline þ††i£øû]v[™

• ::.(Ô;Ô).::
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 14:23:27 »
Thanks u Massi but i dont understand  the bot commands
no prob
good week end
þ††i£øû]v[™

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 15:11:10 »
philoum: The bot can not have commands that are used by flexhub.
It it hides commands with the same first letter +,!,#.

To check if the bot is working send commands in PM and it should answer even with flexhub commands.

Mr.Egg:

Have you selected The Simpson show under settings/TV Add TV shows?
If you add alot of shows it will take some time before all information is downloaded to the local database, sometimes shows timeout and are not updated.
It's usually a problem in the beginning and after it's synced for the first time it's usually not a big deal if it times out on occasion.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 15:28:05 »
@Gargol,

Thnxs for you respons but in the Gbot version I have there is no add tvshows in that setting......only save and exit :(
When I go to settings/TvBot there is a button called Ad Episodes but when I click on that I get a blank page with again only check / unckeck and save and exit

Got the latest version from your website http://www.gbot.org/downloads.asp 0.292

With regards,

Mr.Egg

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 15:56:53 »
I sorry about that... GBot didn't manage to handle all the shows that are currently airing so it breaks when showing them.
There are a few major bugs that will be sorted to the next version released later today.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 16:00:31 »
np ......thnxs for your efforts and hope the sollution can be found.......and if anyone could post or mail me a list in txt with all the tvshows or a file that is used by Gbot wich has all hose shows in them, would save alot of typing then ;)

again thnxs and goodluck fixing :)

With regards,

Mr.Egg

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 18:34:21 »
GBot 0.293
* Fixed Problems with TV "Add Shows" being empty.
* Fixed problems with rss feed removal and errors with reading faulty removed feends.
* Fixed default rss text.
* Changed name on Settings TV "add episodes" to "Add Shows".

Available at www.gbot.org now, get it while it's hot.

p.s.
I take no responsibility for any bugs in the software, they where not there when I coded it.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 18:38:44 »
I take no responsibility for any bugs in the software, they where not there when I coded it.

;D

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 21:19:06 »
way to go m8 :)    the list is filled again, but still have the same probs....checked all and with the cmd @next 18 to Life it still gives Couldn't find any episodes!

But again thnxs :)  hope you can find something for this or help me with it 

With regards,

Mr.Egg