FlexHub Forum

Hublist pingers

Hublist pingers
« on: August 23, 2010, 19:08:12 »
hi flipflop
dont know if this has been suggested but as of late people are building or using hubs from ynhub - ptokax etc and are having major problems with the hublist register section on all the diffrent styles of hubs,will there be something within the flexhub software that say when you press and update tab/button for this section(if available),that it takes you to a members only section or private (if registered) login,where a new file/data/ or a .bat command etc?

also will there be any nice security protocols  against spammers , flooders or evil ddos ers to protect the hub or software as this would be a nice addition aswell
regards <3

Offline MØ®®ØW‡ÑЙ

• Certified Wooosher
Re: Hublist pingers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 23:57:16 »
also will there be any nice security protocols  against spammers , flooders or evil ddos ers to protect the hub or software as this would be a nice addition aswell
regards <3

>:) can anyone be protected from a Distributed Denial of Service attack? is it possible! if it is in DC I am sure many people would be interested in it I know I would..... I am sure Gov'n would also.... stopping many connections on same or many ip's connecting to a hub in a certain amount of connections on 1 time is yes do able actually stopping a *PROPER* zombie attack is kinda different from a proper *BOTNET*/ although it is the same but on a different scale of attack - as it doesn't just stop pipe blocking to the hubsoft but to the :localhost: also.

Offline FlipFlop™

• FlexHub Developer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:08 »
Subaru: I'm not sure what you mean by:
will there be something within the flexhub software that say when you press and update tab/button for this section(if available),that it takes you to a members only section or private (if registered) login,where a new file/data/ or a .bat command etc?

You would like to be able to click a hyperlink to automatically login to that particular hublist?

As for antispam and antiflood measures: FlexHub has got a nice set of tools to protect against spam/flood/hammering attacks. A large frequency based ruleset takes configurable action to block too many messages in a certain timeframe. Another powerful tool is the pattern checker discussed in this Feature Showroom topic: http://www.flexhub.org/forum/index.php?topic=50.0
Check the new FlexHubList!           Add awesome statistics like this for your hub!

This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 16:36:54 »
sorry what i mean if the hublist is say incorporated within the hub that once released the said owner can click an update hublist button which takes you to this forum and IF  they are registered to the forum can check or recieve an update to add to flexhubs software or update folder in order to keep the hublists upto date?

sorry for and confusion :)