FlexHub Forum

Linux install.

Offline sergius_s

• Be yourself...
Re: Linux install.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 14:49:52 »
I'll add the answer perhaps not related to this topic.
In Linux systems, all ports from 1 to 1024 are opened only through root, is why run the hub on these ports only need to use the command: sudo ./lua ./FlexHub.lua
- I'm sorry for my terrible english...

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 17:56:10 »
Hello.

Refresh topic.

When will already be available in 64bit version?
..:: eXodus DC HuB™ ::..   exodusnet.org:1411

Offline sergius_s

• Be yourself...
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 15:51:48 »
FlexHub can be run on Linux x86 or x86+x64.
On linux x64 can not run...

At the moment, there is already a similar request, but it has a very low priority.
There are more important things now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 15:59:06 by sergius_s »
- I'm sorry for my terrible english...

Offline FlipFlop™

• FlexHub Developer
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 16:03:29 »
We have longterm plans to move Flex from LuaAIO to LuaJIT, that would make it possible to run it on native x64 operating systems too.
But that's really longterm, it requires a lot of rewriting, so don't hold your breath.

There seems to be a way to run Flex on x64 though, with installation of only a few x86 libs. I'll try to get a short tutorial on the forum here on how to do that.
Check the new FlexHubList!           Add awesome statistics like this for your hub!

This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 16:24:55 »
There seems to be a way to run Flex on x64 though, with installation of only a few x86 libs. I'll try to get a short tutorial on the forum here on how to do that.
I will be grateful for such a tutorial, because I would like to already to start under x64.
..:: eXodus DC HuB™ ::..   exodusnet.org:1411

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 16:56:13 »
what copy of linux are u running then i can find out what ya need to run it

Offline FlipFlop™

• FlexHub Developer
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 21:18:38 »
Check here on how to install Flexhub on an x64 Linux system: http://www.flexhub.org/forum/index.php/topic,713.0.html
Check the new FlexHubList!           Add awesome statistics like this for your hub!

This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.